Congratulations on deciding to set up a website for your business, but the real challenge begins now! Getting a website for your business is as tough a decision as setting up the business itself. A good website needs the right mix of a number of factors to help your business take closer to the audience and attract them to visiting your site and taking the actions that favors you.
Without any doubt you need to choose a Web Development company for this crucial process. An amateur would be your cousin, friend or a family member may be good for developing personal websites, blogs, but unless such an amateur has experience developing similar websites, you should not be delegating this task to him/ her. Well, it is a huge investment decision, after all, and moreover the future of your business depends on your business website. As such, you need professional help to make it stand out from the competitors and give your brand that competitive edge, advantage. Here are a few tips to look out for when scouting for a Web Development Company:
- Maintains a Balance between design and business goals: Beautiful design alone cannot make your website, business a success; your website cannot be a billboard for your designer. Apart from having an eye-catching look, the site should also be result driven by displaying your products and services in an easy to navigate fashion. Well, balancing the art of design and the science of business is important when developing a website for your business.
- Expertise in Web technologies: A good web designer needs to understand the impact of technology on business, and be aware of the latest trends, changes, developments in the technology and the business world. Someone who has experience in developing websites for similar businesses, and also has technical and management education is highly preferred.
- Understands your business model: A designer should understand the business model, the functions of various screens, the navigation path, etc. someone who has knowledge and experience of developing websites using these principles can help you accomplish the goal of a perfect website for your business.
- Communication: Good designers need to communicate well! It doesn’t mean that they update you on the progress of the design and development, but also listen to your ideas, and share their opinion, knowledge, and help contribute their insights, as well!
- Has a clear and organized work style: Good designer knows the importance of being organized and delivering a clean and clear output meeting the tight deadlines, as per the requirements of your business. In addition, he will be flexible to any changes in technology or in the business process and can integrate such changes into the design easily.
- Designs with SEO Principles: load time, appearance, Meta tags, all impacts the search engine optimization factors. Load time of your site is impacted with the use of flash, designs, etc and this will have an impact on the user, as well as the search engines, a good designer understands these issues and develops a site that will load faster without negatively impacting the SEO or user experience.
Web Development Company needs to have expert professionals who possess a wide variety of skills such as Marketing, business analysis, persuasive writing or coy writing, etc. along with the technical expertise such as the development or programming skills, and analytical abilities.
Web Development Company with such professionals will help you develop a website that is user-friendly; your website has to be user friendly and has a clear and easy navigation path or will create a negative user experience. It is a simple rule that your website has to display the products or services that your visitor is looking for in a clear, easy way, or you lose their business, as they will go looking for those products on a different site. In addition the website should be developed using a simple design and keeping in mind not only the search engine techniques’, but also, the visitors expectations, and psychology.
Content plays an important role in the overall development of the business as well as your website, you need to keep the web content unique, original and fresh. A good web development company understands this, and employs highly qualified and skilled copy writers who can write engaging, and persuasive content to convince the visitors of the site that they have come to the right place to find products and services that meets their needs.
Finally, before hiring a Web Development company request quotes from as many companies as possible, review the portfolio, their previous experience, expertise in relation to your industry, go through the available testimonials, etc.